One of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to decorate for a party that has a good bit of impact is to make a banner. We had all of the supplies on hand except the ribbon, which was either one of those 50 or 99 cent skinny ribbons rolls. Even if we had needed to purchase the supplies (an old book and a few pages of black cardstock) it still would have come to under five dollars.
Here is how we made this one:
First we found an old book from one of Jamie's anthropology courses in college that she didn't need anymore (so therefore I have no idea what is on these pages so don't look to closely, haha). I wanted to use pages from some of Jane Austen's novels but Jamie was horrified at the thought of ripping up precious pieces of literature so we didn't go that route. =)
1) We ripped the pages out of the book and then used a ruler to tear them - this provides a softer look than cutting them.
2) We also did some of the ripping by hand to make it look a bit more authentic.
3) Next we cut out Jane Austen's silhouette using my silhouette machine. You could also print some of her silhouettes onto regular paper and cut them out with scissors. I think this would also be really cute using a silhouette of whoever your having the party for!
4) Now just put some double-stick tape on the back of the silhouette
5) Press it onto the book page
6. Now punch two holes and thread the ribbon through it. Continue to do that with all the pages of your banner.
And there you go! Quick, easy, and cheap!
Because they are so easy to make and so inexpensive I love making banners for different occassions. Here are a few other ones we've made:
I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!
I will be back tomorrow with a tutorial for the mini books and a
JANE AUSTEN THEMED GIVEAWAY!
To view all of our tutorials, please visit our tutorials page!
Visit Animation Wallpaper Blogs for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection